'Mindfulness for Study: From Procrastination to Action' is for anyone involved or interested in Further or Higher Education. The authors, Karisa Krčmár and Tina Horsman, are experienced University educators and mindfulness practitioners and teachers. As part of their work and research with students they developed a programme of mindfulness workshops. After very successfully running these workshops for 3 years, they have turned their work into a book to support all students study effectively.
'Mindfulness for Study' includes:
- a detailed introduction to mindfulness
- study techniques and the development of multi-sensory learning skills
- specialist chapters on 'reading for successful study', 'effective writing for academic purposes' and 'revision and exam strategies'
- structured mindfulness practices
- this dedicated web-site including guided mindfulness practices and downloadable documents.